I lose three pounds this week. I stuck very well to the diet. This weekend when I wasn't taking the oil, I snacked reasonable well. I added nuts to my diet. I notice my set point is less. I need less food to feel full.
I guess I could stop writing down my food during the day, but I need that discipline to keep track. For me, this is the only thing that works. I have been on diets before but this is the only thing that consistently works for me.
Last week, I went to Boulder to get a Stress Test with my doctor. I think I did okay, My doctor administered the test and he didn't have any strong comments. I have a follow up planned with him next month to talk about all of my results. He did say that if I was to run, try to keep my heart rate at around 130-140 range.
I've been real good with exercising. This weekend I worked out twice at the gym and I ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill keeping my heart rate at around 140.
Weight: 269 lbs (home scale)
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
I lost about 3 lbs last week, even with the birthday party on Saturday for my twins (one year old) and my niece (3 years old). I had some cupcakes, but I don't think I was overboard.
One things I notice by taking the oil daily is that I have less of a craving for breads. I don't feel the need to include it in every meal.
When I run on the treadmill, I set little mini goals to reach: 'Can i reach the 0.50 mark without stopping', 'Can I make it to 8:00 without stopping?'. My ultimate goal is 170lbs, but my mini goals are:
- Lose 12 lbs before our Family reunion in August (6 weeks from now). Goal is 260lbs
- Lower my waist size to less than 40 inches. (This indicates a factor for heart problems).
- Get down to 220 by December 31, 2008/ BMI < 30, so that I would be considered to be overweight instead of obese. (52 lbs in 28 weeks)
My brother who is two years younger than I called last night and we talked a little about our tests. I'm glad I could talk to him.
Tomorrow I have my Stress test at the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine. I'm anxious to talk to my doctor about all of the results.
I had the best Father's day moment on Sunday. My son Jon, is a brute and very physical but after a full day playing and late in the afternoon, he crawled up on me and fell asleep in my arms. That was really nice.
Weight: 272 lbs (home scale)
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
I now don't think our bathroom scale is broken. I weighted myself in the morning and it said 274.5 lbs. I've lost about 5.5 lbs. I'm going to mark it as 275 lbs for convenient sake.
I was very good yesterday. I had to travel for business and I had to eat out for a few meals. I was very concerned about that, but I made a meal plan in my head:
- At the airport I had a McDonalds Premium salad (Southwest), half a package of dressing, and a small parfait
- For breakfast an Egg McMuffin with Hashbrowns (my only indulgence)
- Lunch was catered with a small sandwich from Panera and some side salad;
- and finally for dinner I went to a real restaurant at the airport and had salmon with vegetables (without the garlic mashed potatoes and just a little blue cheese dressing for the house salad).
- I also had red wine at dinner and on the plane back.
- For all my salads, I used the 'dip the fork in the dressing first method' to just get a little dressing on the greens.
Weight: 275 lbs (home scale)
Posted by all6sand7s at 2:51 PM
Thursday, June 05, 2008
My Calcium Score came back from the screening.
|Region||Calcium Score (Agatston)||Volume (mm3)|
|Right Coronary Artery||4||6|
|Left Anterior Descending||101||107|
|Posterior Descending Artery||0||0|
My Total Calcium Score is: 111
What this means is that for a 101-400 scoring range. I have definite, at least moderate atherosclerotic plaque.
My risk of is mild coronary artery disease highly likely with significant narrowing possible.
I need time to digest this result.
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
I weighted myself this morning on our bathroom scale. I was really shocked to find that I weighted the same as I did at the doctor's office two weeks ago. I've been on my diet for a week now and I haven't been over 2200 calories in a day for over a week. I should have lost at least 2 lbs by now.
My wife says I could have put on muscle weight, but I think the scale is wrong. I'm going to see if there is a scale at the gym that I can test.
Weight: 280 lbs (home scale)
Posted by all6sand7s at 9:34 AM