Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bankroll Update: April 16, 2006

My downturn continues. I haven't quite plateau out yet, but I'm really not bother. I haven't been tilting, but I have made several bad calls.

NLHE


I was in the small blind with Q8s, It folded around to me and I raise 3xBB. The BB re-raised to 6xBB. I called

Flop: 8x2s5s

So I had top pair with a flush draw. I bet, and got reraised.

Turn: 7d

At this point I was getting 4 to 1 on my money and I went all in. I figured I had 15 outs ( 9 spades + 3 q's + 3 8's ). 32%

River came a blank.

Analysis: The reraise preflop by the bb indicated a strong hand and the reraise on the flop should have indicated a trip's or a overpair.

The reraise pre-flop indicated a big hand, if I didn't hit exactly on the flop. Since I was betting on the come, I should have checked and see what he did.

Micro-limits psychology

Sometimes when the stakes are really low, the money doesn't mean as much and you call just to see what the other person is playing. I've been trying higher limits like .10/.25 NLHE and playing Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Lo. It's more money that I'm risking so I play more scared. It's a game I'm not familiar with so I play more conservative.

Current bankroll

Full Tilt Poker: $132.95 + 1/$26 satellite token
Pokerstars: $113.91

Live: $300.00

No comments: