Monday, May 08, 2006

April 8 Bankroll update

I played a bit online this weekend. Although it doesn't look like it from my bankroll I did pretty good. I'm getting my control back: I'm folding to re-raises, I'm not calling to see what the other player has, and I'm tightening my hand selection so I'm not playing every suited connector out of position.


I also did some multi-playing between NLHE and Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Lo on Full Tilt Poker. That was a lot of fun, I can see how people get into muli-tabling. I haven't read much on Omaha Hi-Lo, but I like playing it. Because I didn't know how to play omaha I had to tighten up a bit. In the Omaha Hi-Lo game, people were playing anything because they didn't know what hands were good and the player were just interested in seeing flops. I figure, I'm going to need the nuts to plays, so I waited for A2 or A3 suited, high pairs or connectors to cheaply see the flop for flushless straights.


My favorite hand of the night was when I started the hand with TTAQh in late position, I raised it to .30 and got four callers. The flop came:

ThJsKh

I had the the nut straight with a full house draw but I didn't have the flush draw. I reraise the pot and got called. The other player also had the straight, but with the nut flush draw. The turn came the flush, but the river came the K which gave me a full house. That was cool. I need to figure out if I was ahead or behind. I sense I was ahead because he need the flush to win (9 outs) 32%, but half of those combinations would have given me the fullhouse.

Current bankroll
Full Tilt Poker: $141.30 + 1/$26 satellite token
Pokerstars: $119.28

Live: $300.00

No comments: