Friday, August 22, 2008

Random Thoughts

What have we been eating?

I've been thinking a lot about what we eat. I've picked up The Paleo Diet book and I've been reading about what Fats to eat and what not to eat. I'm really interested in what we eat.

When I went on vacation, I visited the graveyard that my father, his brothers and my grandfather were buried in. My father and his brothers died when they were in their Forties and Fifties. My grandfather died when he was sixty. I wonder if it was because of my father and uncles diet and the fact that they smoked. I've been reading on what we eat in this country and how to improve my health. I would like to limit my chance of dying by choosing better food.

I think the low carb/high fat diet will work. The Paleo Diet and similar diets are interesting because they limit processed foods, beans, potatoes, grains and beans. Which make no sense to me. The carbs I get but beans. Why not?

I also believe in the 85/15 rule. 85 percent of the time, I need to eat right but the other 15% is alright.

What would I do if I won the lottery?

I play the Colorado Lottery and Powerball every week. I think this helps me sleep at night because I daydream about winning the lottery and what I would do. My dream is to pay off the house, make sure the kids are provided for, buy a house in Boulder or Stapleton and just do volunteer work. I can't sleep sometimes, I unless I think of this.

What would I do started winning in poker?

I wish.

No comments: