Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Heart Attack

Wednesday night, I had a heart attack.

I woke up a little after midnight with discomfort in my should and I was sweating a lot. I thought I slept on my shoulder wrong, so I took some Tylenol and a shower and tried to sleep. I also had a heighten sense of smell and could smell my body odor. I also tried to stretch a bit. I then tried to sleep again, but I was in too much discomfort. I went downstairs and looked for a card in my wallet that described a heart attack symptoms.

I realized I had two of the four and decided to call 911. I found some aspirin and chewed them and told my wife and then waited for the paramedics.

I wound up in the emergency room at the hospital. They gave me nitro and that didn't help. They gave me more aspirin and that didn't help.

They rolled me into a x-ray room and they gave me morphin, so I don't remember much of the night. Eventually, they decided to give me an angioplasty and a stent in my heart.

No comments: