Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Weight Loss check in


I'm getting really close to not being out of the Obese range. I still have 7 lbs to lose to get to 227lbs. This last week being Easter made it tough for me to do it, but I did work out a lot and eat pretty good except for the weekend. No more Easters for a while.

I've been inspired by the TV show "The last ten pounds". I consider these last ten pounds to non-obesity to be a good short term goals. I've tried to work out several times a week and I've been writing down everything I eat. It's my own personal boot camp.

My exercise routine on normal days is to walk to and from work for about 4 miles total (90 minutes), but when I go to the Gym, I've try to work out on the thread mill for 48 minutes. I'm averaging about 4.6 m/h with a 1.0 incline. My heart rate can max out at 167 bpm. I don't know if I should be concerned with my heart problems. I know I should take it easier, so I try to get my heart rate down by slowing it down to 140 bpm and making sure I cool down for the full 5 minutes after wards.

During my Heart Rehab, they said that the cool down is the most important part of the work out because you blood pressure and heart rate needs that time to adjust from being revved up. That's when most heart attacks occur during exercise, during warm up and cool down.

My current goals are:
- 225lbs by the end of may
- <205 lbs by the end of july (family reunion)
- 175 lbs by the my next birthday (january 2010)

Current Weight: 234 lbs

No comments: