I've been playing very tilty lately, I was up to almost $600 on Full Tilt Poker and I was feeling very confident in myself. I then hit a very bad spot. I was bluffing too much, not playing to the near nuts, and none of my nut draws have been hitting. I checked my poker tracker stats and it indicates that I'm Tight-Aggressive/Aggressive (TAA). I'm thinking that I may be too aggressive post-flop and not waiting for the cards to hit well. I'm going to tighten up a bit and play the $0.10/$0.25 games on FTP, until I can recover my bankroll up to $400 before I can try the $0.25/$0.50 games.
I'm at a state where I look down and see AA's or KK's, and I say, "Well, how much am I going to lose this time?" The most important thing I think is to play as correctly as I can, and not get too passive.
So my goals are to:
1) Play correctly.
2) Play small pot poker with small cards
3) Play big pots when you have the near nuts.
4) Draw to the nuts when you have the correct pot-odds.
5) Don't play fearful, call when you have the odds pre-flop to big raises.
6) Folding to a raise is a small mistake.
Current bank roll
Full Tilt Poker: $367.45 + 1/$26 satellite token
Tuesday, July 11, 2006