I had another solid week and I lost 2 lbs which is about 1% of my total weight. I want to average about 1.5 lbs a week, but I like having really good weeks.
I was thinking about my workout routines. I've been working out a lot lately. My normal routine is to walk 2 miles to work and 2 miles from work. I also like to take a short walk during lunch as well. I've been working out at the gym maybe 4-5 times a week and my wife and I have dance lessons on Tuesdays. My workout at the gym consists of running for 50 minutes with 5 minutes warm up and 5 minutes cool down. I've been able to run for 4.1 miles at an average speed of about 5 MPH (12 minute/mile). I have the incline set at 1%. I'm really happy with this results.
When I have time, I try to do some weights and sit ups.
To me, it seems like I should be able to run a 10k (6.1 miles) race with no problems. I would like to increase my mileage on the weekends to 60 minutes/5 miles. I don't think that'll be a problem.
I would like to do something else for exercise, because I don't want to get bored. So I'm looking into the following:
- Running - For running if I run at 5 MPH, 1% incline for 50 minutes. I burn about 750 calories.
- Swimming- The 24 hour fitness has a lap pool, but I've been nervous about doing it. When there is a pool, I usually just steam after a workout. On the weekends, I should just run for half hour and swim for another half hour. According to this calculator I would burn about 816 calories if I swam laps for an hour.
- Martial Arts. I'm interested in taking some Martial arts classes. I'm going to take some Krav Maga classes because I've always been interested in that after seeing it in the Bourne Identity movies. I think that would be about 900 calories according to this calculator.
- CrossFit or some sort of core exercise routine. I interesting in working the whole body and something I could do myself. I heard about this program on the Fat2Fit Podcast, so I'm going to try looking into it.
- Dancing. My wife and I like to go dancing, so I will continue to do that at least once a week.
Current Weight: 223 lbs