Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bankroll Update 5/23/06: Taking a shot.

I've updated my basic bankroll strategy. I was getting sick of grinding it out on micro limits and I wasn't seeing any big movement in my bankroll. I knew that if I played like a rock, waited for cards, bluffed very rarely I could beat the higher low-limits games.

So this weekend I've adopted the following strategy. I would start on a low limit game with 40 BB. Once I've made a enough for the next level's minimum buy in, I would move up and take a shot at a higher limit.

On Full Tilt Poker, I started with a $4 buyin on the 0.05/0.10 NLHE. I played very patiently and was up to $16. I tried the next limit 0.10/0.25 NLHE with a buyin of $10 and quit when I was over $30. I eventually had enough for the $0.50/$1.00 NLHE on FTP with a buyin of $40 and I left this game ahead. I won my biggest online pot of over $40.

I really had fun with this strategy. I didn't quite succeed at Pokerstars, because I got drawn out(AQ vs AT flop AKx with a T on the river). But I'm sure I can increase my BR there. I especially like the fact that I can take a shot at the higher limits and still maintain my bankroll.

Current bankroll
Full Tilt Poker: $246.75 + 1/$26 satellite token
Pokerstars: $95.84

Live: $300.00

No comments: